You will step into an experience that revolves around learning, growing and giving back to your community.
• Become skilled at cooking a wide range of delicious and
• Make a life-changing differenc for people in a health crisis
• Expand your cirlce of friends
• Develop new talents and gain self-confidence
• Gain real-life job skills
• Work your way to becoming a Youth Leader and gain skills in leadership, peer teaching, public speaking and more
• Collect community service credits
• Learn to garden (at selected sites)
At Ceres, youth are the primary chefs cooking organic nutritious meals for community members who face serious illness. Each week clients receive a bag of prepared meals that can last 4-5 days and support them and their whole family while they are in a health crisis. Working alongside adult mentors, you will be respected as a person and mentored to grow and give your very best.
With your help, families struggling with illness are nourished and our community is strengthened. It's as simple as that.
Some of our sites have a garden where youth learn how to grow food and experience the entire food cycle from soil to table (Sebastopol only).
You'll also discover how your food choices influence your own health, and that of the planet.
Our Youth Leadership program allows you to move into greater levels of responsibility and knowledge.
Shifts are in the afternoon, and we work with your schedule.
• Be in 8th grade 14 years old or older
• Be able to commit at least 2.5-3 hours/week for three months
1. Come to a Volunteer Orientation.
Registration is limited and required. Parents of youth need not register. See dates below.
2. Print out and complete the Youth Application, Emergency Medical Form, Liability Release and Photo Release Form, and bring them to Orientation. Parents need to sign some of these forms.
• Sonoma County Youth Application
• Marin County Youth Application
3. Come to your orientation knowing your schedule and what times/days will work for you.
4. Read the Youth Welcome Letter. This provides important information about what to wear and what to expect when you come to the kitchen. (download PDF)
You will be respected as a person and mentored to grow and give your very best.
Our youth leadership program provides an opportunity for you to grow through doing and learning.
1. Works as part of a unified team.
2. Takes responsibility.
3. Keeps their energy positive and enthusiastic.
4. Honors commitments.
5. Is caring and welcoming to all.
6. Puts passion and love into the food.
7. Looks for what is needed and do it!
Contact: Analise Lofaro, at 707.529.5833 x207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Caroline Bañuelos at email@example.com
Contact: Gabriella Salomon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to space constraints,
pre-registration is required to attend orientations.
Please see click the link of the location you are interested in
volunteering at to be redirected to our Event page. Thank you!
Please arrive early
to allow time for parking.
In Sebastopol, we only have a small parking lot, however, there is extra parking available at the Christian Science Church, accessible from Florence St. We ask that you park only in the upper section of the lot, farthest from the church. (Please note that this parking option is not available on Wednesday afternoons and evenings.)
Your kindness and fantastic healing food have meant so much to my recovery. Hearing from Ceres was the first really great news I got after my diagnosis. Needless to say you have a special place in my heart. Thank you kindly.
Client G. G.